The Bylaws of the Opticians Association of Virginia, Inc. establishes a set of rules by which the Association is governed as a not-for-profit organization.
Purpose of Bylaws
- Establish a Board of Directors.
- Establish how the Board of Directors is elected by membership.
- Define the classes of membership and voting privileges
- Define the officers of the OAV and their duties
- Establish different types of meetings and their purpose
- Establish procedures for succession, removal and dissolution
- Establish the extent of liability to officers and the Board of Directors
- Establish rules for committee structure
- Establish other matters of governance relevant to state and federal laws
The Bylaws of the OAV may be amended from time to time as deemed necessary by a vote of the Board of Directors.