1. License Protection – The OAV is the only organization in Virginia that is dedicated to protecting your License. We maintain a legislative watch and have a call to action when your license or scope of practice is threatened.
2. OAA Membership – Membership in the OAV also includes a membership to the Opticians Association of America (OAA) which offers additional protection on the federal legislative level.
3. Am I Legal? – The Association is there for you to answer many of the questions you may have concerning prescription expiration dates, scope of practice and so much more.
4. Educational Conferences – Held in the Spring and the Fall, OAV conferences provide ABO/NCLE CECs and hands-on workshops for your training needs. Leading national lecturers share their expertise on the latest technology available and sales techniques.
5. Networking – There are many opportunities to meet with your colleagues and vendors, share and expand your knowledge, and to promote your career.
6. Recognition – Professional affiliation with your state organization shows your commitment and dedication to your profession. Members receive a certificate, suitable for framing, showing affiliation.
7. Unity – Opticians standing together to advance our goals.
8. Newsletters – Our quarterly newsletter and e-mail updates keeps you abreast of the latest news in your organization.
9. Community Service Opportunities – The OAV works with local communities to provide free eyewear for those who not other have any.
10. Leadership – Board Meetings, open to all OAV members, are held quarterly to conduct the business of the organization. Anyone who is an OAV member may be elected to the Board of Directors and is a great way to get your voice heard and gain valuable leadership experience.
2017-2018 OAV Active Membership
2017 OAV Active Membership
Active Memberships are open to any licensed optician. Dues are $125 annually. They are based on a 12-month year, so your membership will renew 12-months after you join.
Active membership includes membership in the OAA and entitles members to discounted registration fees for conferences. Submission of this online application requires payment through PayPal.
- TWO memberships for ONE price – OAV membership also gives you membership in the Opticians Association of America.
- Legislative & Legal Representation –The OAV monitors legislative issues and when necessary, lobbies with national support from OAA on Virginia Opticians’ behalf.
- Newsletters – Quarterly newsletters provide updates of State and National news, legislation issues and important information.
- Reduced Rates – Attend all OAV continuing education events at a reduced rate, taking advantage of nationally known speakers.
- Job Bank and Classified Advertising – Free classified advertising in the newsletter and on our website for equipment sales, job vacancies and other opticianry-related items.
If you wish to pay by check, please click here use our downloadable membership application to fax or mail.