The purpose of the Opticians Association of Virginia is to advance the skillful practice of Opticianry for the safety and welfare of the people of Virginia, by representing, educating and serving all Opticians.
The OAV will be the public’s expert and educator on vision and vision issues. We will be recognized with respect by Virginia lawmakers and provide our members voice, serving as the optical clearing house and network for Virginia opticians as well as fostering collaboration with other Virginia ophthalmic practitioners.
Board of Directors
The Board of the OAV is a group of volunteer professionals who give their time and expertise to serve the needs of opticians throughout the state. They work throughout the year creating opportunities for our members to further their knowledge and skills in service to the Virginia public.
2017-2019 Board of Directors
|First Vice-President||Darla All|
|Second Vice-President||Leah Exline|
|Capital Directors||Karen Bridgewater|
|Central Directors||Jeremy Clamon|
|Northern Directors||Andrew Doutt
|Tidewater Directors||Eundrea Herndon|
|South West Directors||Amy Clause|
|Student Director||Amanda Meland|
|Immediate Past President||Robert Flippin|
|Executive Director||Michelle Nelms|
The Bylaws of the Opticians Association of Virginia, Inc. establishes a set of rules by which the Association is governed as a not-for-profit organization.
Purpose of Bylaws
- Establish a Board of Directors.
- Establish how the Board of Directors is elected by membership.
- Define the classes of membership and voting privileges
- Define the officers of the OAV and their duties
- Establish different types of meetings and their purpose
- Establish procedures for succession, removal and dissolution
- Establish the extent of liability to officers and the Board of Directors
- Establish rules for committee structure
- Establish other matters of governance relevant to state and federal laws
The Bylaws of the OAV may be amended from time to time as deemed necessary by a vote of the Board of Directors.
Opticians Association of Virginia
P.O. Box 6544
Ashland, VA 23005
Find us on Facebook: OAV
Active Membership in OAV is open to Licensed Opticians, Optical Students and anyone who has an interest in Opticianry in Virginia.