TWO memberships for ONE price
As well as being a member of the OAV, active members also get membership in the Opticians Association of America.
Legislative & Legal Representation
The OAV monitors legislative issues and when necessary, lobbies with national support from OAA on Virginia Opticians’ behalf. Most recently the OAV fought HB1497 which would have limited Virginia Opticians’ ability to neutralize and duplicate.
Quarterly newsletters provide updates of State and National news, legislation issues and important information.
Company Listing on Website
Coming soon1 Get your company listed on in the directory OAV website for free—exclusive to members.
Attend all OAV continuing education events at a reduced rate, taking advantage of nationally known speakers.
Job Bank and Classified Advertising
Free classified advertising in the newsletter and on our website for equipment sales, job vacancies and other opticianry-related items.
What can OAV do for you as a Virginia Licensed Optician?
- OAV represents VA Opticians in the legislature and follows potential changes to laws that might affect Virginia Opticians
- Assists opticians in furthering their knowledge with educational opportunities
- Provides opportunities to networking with other Opticians and industry partners across the State
- Opportunities for Community Service
What can YOU as a Licensed Optician do for OAV?
- Become a member today – your dues directly support the organization that is exclusively protecting the careers of VA Licensed Opticians
- Be an active member, participate in action groups or on the Board to make the organization stronger
- Help OAV spread the word on the importance of membership
- Stay current with education, community service and legislation – protect what you worked so hard to achieve.
Membership is for a year, and renews based on your join date.